Message from Cllr David Townsley, Chair of Governors
Welcome to Hedworth Lane Primary School. There is always a lot going on in our School and I hope that our website gives you a good idea of all the exciting things that we have to offer.
At Hedworth Lane, Governors and staff at are committed to ensuring that all of our children receive an excellent education. We want to ensure that every child is empowered with the skills, knowledge and learning experiences they need to be the best that they can be.
Our Governing Board is made up of people from all different backgrounds including parents, school staff and people from our local community, all of whom are volunteers.
My role as Chair is to work with the Governing Board, the Head Teacher and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that we continue to provide the best possible education for our children and to excel in all that we do.
Other duties Include:
- To provide clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the work to improve the performance of the school.
- To support, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- To oversee the financial performance of the school to ensure that its money is well spent
This may sound a difficult job, but so many excellent and committed colleagues, Governors, staff and pupils it makes my role an incredibly enjoyable, and rewarding one.
I am immensely proud to be part of Hedworth Lane School and I look forward to serving as your Chair of Governors for many years to come.
Cllr. Dave Townsley
The governors are very supportive of the school. They have a wide range of skills and have a good understanding of the work of the school. They effectively challenge leaders to do even better and, as a result, the school continues to improve. Ofsted March 2014
The Governing Board of Hedworth Lane Primary School works with the Head Teacher to promote and maintain high standards of educational achievement. The core functions of the Governing Board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance of staff and;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school, and making sure its money is well spent.
Annual statement of the Governing Board